It’s extremely important to realize that Original Medicare won’t cover all of your medical expenses. Medicare Supplements were created to fill the “gaps” in Original Medicare coverage by paying for some of the health care costs Original Medicare doesn’t cover. Medicare Supplements, also known as Medigap Insurance, are regulated by the State of Arizona and the federal government. Other insurance products are governed only by the state.
The ABC’s of Medigap Insurance
- There are 12 standardized Medicare Supplement plans (from A to L) that cover the entire U.S.
- Each “letter” plan has a different set of basic and extra benefits.
- All insurance companies must sell Plan A and B as a rule of law.
- You can’t be charged differently from someone else in a particular state for a Medigap Insurance policy. If you pay X amount for Plan J in New York, everyone will be paying exactly the same amount regardless of what state they live in, their age, or health condition.
- Medicare Supplements do not cover your spouse’s health care costs. You are required to buy separate policies.
- If you are covered under a group health insurance plan, you don’t need to buy Medigap Insurance.
- All 12 plans may not be available in all areas, including the state where you live.
Contact Vanyo for a Medicare Supplement Quote
Choosing a medicare supplement plan that is right for you can be confusing. Schedule a meeting with Vanyo Insurance Group today, they can help you find right policy to fit your needs.